African Union Commission
Request for Quotations
Supply and Delivery of 2018 Diaries & Calendars
Procurement number: AUC/DIC/G/1
Section I: Letter of Invitation
REF: REQUEST FOR QUOTATION FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF 2018 DIARIES & CALENDARS
1) In line with the approved Annual Procurement Plan, the African Union Commission would like to engage the services of a firm to provide 2018 Dairies and Calendars.
2) Consequently, the African Union Commission now invites interested Companies to submit quotations.
3) A firm will be selected under the Least Cost selection method. The lowest priced among the best technically evaluated firms will be selected.
4) Currency of Bid: ETB for local Companies/USD for foreign companies
5) Works are to commence by: 1st October 2017.
6) Quotations must be valid for 45 days from the RETURN BY DATE given below.
7) Quotations and supporting documents must be clearly marked with the Procurement Number given above and must indicate acceptance of the stated terms and conditions.
8) Quotations and Samples of previous works must be received, in sealed envelopes no later than: Friday 18th September 2017 at 1500 hours.
9) Quotations must be returned to:
The Head, Procurement, Travel & Stores Unit
African Union Commission, Roosevelt Street,
Building C, 3rd Floor, P.O. Box 3243, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel +251115517700; Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Clarifications should be addressed to: e-mail: email@example.com
The telephone number is (+251) 11 5517700, Ext 4308, 4029
Fax number: +251-11-5517844
The African Union (AU) is a Pan African continental body consisting of 55 African countries. The AU was established on 26 May 2001 and launched on 9 July 2002 replacing the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). The AU is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The African Union Commission and invites companies that are registered and operating as business entities within Member States of the AU to submit their quotations for the production of diaries and calendars for the year 2018.
ITEM DESCRIPTION QUANTITY
1: DIARIES • Dimensions/ Size: A5
• Cover Material: Soft Touch Cover
• Cover Inscription AU Logo and Corporate Name in foiled gold, Cover Year
• Paper a) Diary pages +80gm
b) Inserts – Art gloss +130gm
Special Inserts: (Design and artwork and pantone colour references to be provided by AUC)
• AU Logo
• AUC Contact Details
• AU Anthem
• AU Flag & Emblem
• AU Vision, Mission, Values, Strategic Pillars
• Agenda 2063: Background, Aspirations, Goals, Flagship Projects, Strategic Priorities
• Chairpersons Message
• 2018 Theme 2,000
2. CALENDARS • Dimensions/ Size: Desktop calendar approx. A5
• Paper 250 GSM Magno Gloss Art Card
• Binding Wire-o
• Double Sided Print Extent 9 Leaves
• Cover AU Logos, Corporate Identity / Name
• Inside Front Cover AU Anthem’
• Pages 1-2 Agenda 2063 Aspirations & Flagship Projects
• Themed content Monthly calendar
• Last Page AUC Contact details
Themed content, Design, artwork and pantone colour references to be provided by AUC) 2,000
To apply for the contract, the responding companies are expected to provide the following:
1. Experience in providing printing services and solutions preferably to large national/Public, or regional and international institutions
2. Access to highest quality printing and reproduction facilities and apply high production and technical standards.
3. Content compilation, Design and layout.
4. Certified Quality control systems.
5. Ability to deliver within stipulated time limits.
6. Provide samples of similar work to demonstrate most relevant previous productions. Please note that samples are mandatory and will be part of the selection criteria.
7. Sample of AUC Diary and calendar must be provided before final production.
8. Prices should be quoted CIP/CIF Addis Ababa
The contract will be initially for ONE year renewable for one year based on satisfactory performance.