H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat
Hon. Pravind Kumar Jugnauth
One of the lessons learnt after the celebrations of the 50th Anniversary of the OAU/ AU was that Africa has to take charge of its development if it is to meet the expectation of ever becoming “An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.” The continent needs to set its agenda and take responsibility for its development, to find African solutions to our challenges and mobilise domestic and other resources for its needs, based on a set of ideals and priorities that reflect the values and aspirations of Africans.
News & Events
- March 20, 2017 A First for Africa! "The Inaugural African Economic Platform Opens in Mauritius"
- March 20, 2017 to March 22, 2017 2017 African Economic Platform, Mauritius
- March 19, 2017 AEP welcome by AUC Chairperson H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat
- March 15, 2017 African Union to host Heads of Government and Captains of African industry in the Inaugural African Economic Platform in Mauritius
- February 02, 2017 The African Union, Mauritius and The African Union Foundation sign a Host Country Agreement for the Inaugural African Economic Platform
- July 18, 2016 African Economic Platform launches during the AU Summit in Kigali
- July 16, 2016 The MCCI receives the visit of representatives of African Union Foundation
- February 25, 2016 AUC Deputy Chairperson concludes a three-day official mission to Mauritius in preparation of the African Economic Platform
- February 23, 2016 High level visit from African Union to Mauritius on hosting of the Inaugural African Economic Platform
- February 10, 2016 African Union to launch the African Economic Platform with governments, private sector and higher education sector