Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt, 17 April 2019: Ministers from 39 African countries have confirmed their commitment to consider strategies for developing smart infrastructure to boost Africa’s continental transformation and integration, by adopting the Egypt Declaration and Action Plans for the Transport, Energy and Tourism sectors.
(ANWI) - a new initiative aimed at promoting African women’s participation in infrastructure development at the national, regional, and global levels.
Egypt has been unanimously elected as Chair of the Bureau of the Specialized Technical Committee (STC) on Transport, Transcontinental and Interregional Infrastructure, Energy and Tourism (STC-TTIIET) for the next two years covering 2019-2021.
Cairo, Egypt, 12th April 2019- A seminar bringing together the African Union Commission, the Permanent Representatives Committee (PRC), and the Regional Economic Communities (RECs), to deliberate on the preparations for the upcoming Mid-Year Coordination meeting set to be held in Niamey, Niger in July 2019, has concluded.
• Chairperson of the STC-TTIIET Ministers Meeting;
• Honourable Minister from the Arab Republic of Egypt;
• Honourable Commissioner for Infrastructure & Energy, African Union Commission;
• Honourable Ministers and Members of the Diplomatic Corps;
• Representatives of International Organisations;
• Ladies and Gentlemen
1. Introductory remarks
• It is an honour to be here today to deliver these opening remarks on behalf of the President of the African Development Bank Group Dr. Akinwumi Adesina.
Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt, 14 April 2019: The second ordinary session of the African Union Specialized Technical Committee meeting on Transport, Transcontinental and Interregional Infrastructure, Energy and Tourism (STC-TTIIET) kicked off in Cairo today, with emphasis on the importance of smart infrastructure to accelerate Africa’s integration.
Cairo, Egypt, 13 April 2019: The Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) Steering Committee today concluded its two-day deliberations in Cairo and set the stage for the next phase of PIDA, which will officially launch in January 2021.
The Steering Committee, as part of its bi-annual meeting, learnt from the diverse experience of experts who had formative involvement in the development of the first phase of PIDA to inform the next phase.
• Director for Infrastructure and Energy of the African Union Commission
• Representatives of RECs
• Representative of African development Bank
• Representatives of Specialised Institutions
• Dear Colleagues
• Dear Partners
• Distinguished participants, Ladies and gentlemen