The 19th Ordinary General Assembly of the Organization of
African First Ladies Against HIV/AIDS (OAFLA)
INVITATION TO MEDIA REPRESENTATIVES
Theme: “Building on 15 years of engagement to harness the demographic dividend (DD) of Africa through promoting the needs of adolescents and their access to youth-friendly health services”
What: Opening Session of the 19th Ordinary General Assembly of the OAFLA
Hightlights for the media will include:
- Remarks by
• H.E. Mrs Roman Tesfaye, First Lady of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
• H.E. Dr Gertrude Mutharika, First Lady of the Republic of Malawi and President of OAFLA
• H.E. Mme Amira ElFadil Mohamed, Commissioner for Social Affairs 09h20
• Guest of honor Prof Dr Frank Stangenberg- Haverkamp, Chairman of Executive Board and Family Board of E- Merck KG
- Interactive session where First Ladies, development partners, African Union Commission (AUC), private sector, and other invited guests will discuss on the theme.
- Launch of 2017 annual Publication
When: Tuesday, 4 July 2017
Where: Old Plenary Hall - African Union Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Who: Organization of African First Ladies Against HIV/AIDS (OAFLA)
Media representatives are invited to cover the opening ceremony of the 19th Ordinary General Assembly of the OAFLA on 4 July 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
For further information, please contact:
Directorate of Information and Communication | African Union Commission I E-mail: DIC@africa-union.org I Web Site: www.au.int I Addis Ababa | Ethiopia
Face book: https://www.facebook.com/AfricanUnionCommission